7/11/05

Whoa Horsey

Is it just me, or is everything in the garden blooming way too early this year?

By the time my company comes at the end of this month, the garden will be past it's peak. All the lilies will have bloomed and fizzled out, and unless I can squeeze a second blooming out of the delphiniums, they'll be gone too. My dahlias haven't really been doing much either, except for two pots on the deck. The bee balm will also be looking crappy by then, as will the hostas. It's so hot out, they must think that perhaps they have become tropical plants. Now if only my wedding flowers would get a move on ...

In other news, I'm getting married in 19 days and the butterflies have officially moved into my stomach. I slept about 3 hours last night. Tonight, I am hitting the gravol or else I won't be able to work. This past weekend was my last free time before the big day, as I'm working next weekend in Toronto and during the week in Kingston and Ottawa, then our company arrives the weekend after that. It's a whirlwind.

2 comments:

Amy Urquhart said...

Everything here is blooming early, too. I have an actual echinacea bloom outside this morning. Rudbeckia's almost there, too.

Sandy said...

I agree. Everything here is blooming early too. Enjoy your last few weeks before your wedding. Everything will work out! Your flowers will be beautiful and I'm sure you will be too!