5/18/06

Are you kidding me?

Where does the time go?

It's been a month since I lamented my raking injuries! I can't believe it. I'm the world's worst blogger. I am not cut out for regular updates.

In the past month, I've made some nice progress on my gardens but it's really been, overall, a bit of a disappointment. Due to some renovations and minor disasters, I never got around to terracing the other half of my hill as I'd promised myself I'd do this spring. Perhaps I will get started on it this weekend, but the weather's so crappy that I'm not inspired. It's a lot of physical labour, and colour me daunted.

But I have got the veggie gardens ready to go, been taking care of my seedlings, and purchased a few new perennials. I have big plans for next weekend as well - annuals, hanging baskets, vegetables, you name it and it's going into the ground. We've mowed our lawn once, and I've been dutifully weeding even though it makes the blackflies hot to take chunks out of my flesh. My new 'look' is smeared in mud with dead blackflies smooshed into my hair. It's very sexy.

So you've been waiting with baited breath to see what happened with my renovation project, haven't you. Well, it's mostly done. There's still some trim to install, etc., but we bought it, have cut it to size, and it can go in this weekend after we stain it the right shade of faux-maple. Here's a nice shot of the new spare room/t.v. room:




In the middle of the project, after we'd finished off the floors in what is now our office, we shifted our giant aquarium into its new office home. A day later, I heard burbling, and lo and behold, the aquarium had cracked. Both of my back rooms were flooded. All the laminate flooring that we'd already installed - a day's worth of work because it took us awhile to figure the stuff out - had to be torn out. I had to put fans and dehumidifiers in the back for 3 days. Oh, and it all went down, so flooded the basement too. So that was a setback. But a few days later a friend came over and we finished it. Needless to say that ate up my holiday, and the terracing of the garden was last on my priority list.

Next - On to the bathroom!

No comments: