6/19/08

Objectives

This afternoon I have a meeting with my new boss to discuss my work objectives for 2008-09. I think this is the final step in our performance appraisal process, which is very long and drawn out and has been happening since the beginning of April and with two bosses.

In the spirit of objective-setting, I herewith set out my objectives for 'Summer Vacation 2008'. If you will recall, my objectives last year were lofty and ambitious, so this year I hope to go a bit easier on myself. Let's see what I've got planned:

- Finish reading The Yiddish Policemen's Union by Michael Chabon;
- Finish knitting the sleeve of the sweater I've struggled with since Christmas;
- Renovations! Get windows installed, do front of house;
- Deep-clean closets;
- Finish some notes for Green committee at work;
- Do work for Green committee;
- Rosie spayed (june 26);
- Go camping?
- Purchase a dog gate for the car;
- Build lattice wall on deck;
- Stake tomatoes, delphiniums, etc.;
- Get a tan;
- Move living room furniture around. Maybe;
- Visit friends - at least two;
- Diet/cleanse. I've been eating a lot of bad stuff lately;
- Make food (granola, ice cream, bread);
- Watch at least three movies;
- Finish off inside of living room window, with a shelf;
- Download music;
- Attend some Bluesfest shows.

I am sure there's going to be more to add, but this is a good start. I have 1.5 days of work left until vacation, and 5 meetings within those 1.5 days. Sigh. I also still have to buy some accessories (earrings and necklace) for the wedding I'm attending tomorrow afternoon. I am a busy girl.

No comments: