6/13/08

Photographic evidence

I've been trying and trying to properly document my growing garden, but with minimal success. Trust, when you look at these pictures, that either the colours are off or they're invariably duller than they look in real life. With that in mind, may I present "Garden Pairings 2008":

These are the coral bells and jacob's ladder, against growing veronica, with a bit of hosta and peony in the background. Pretty typical stuff, only this time with more weeds.

Columbines showing their stuff to the tulips who'd recently lost their blooms. How rude.

I am in love with these dark-leaved coral bells, especially with that purplish sage, and when the centaurea comes out, as in this photo, watch out! Though the centaurea is a victim of over-exposure in this shot.

And this is my pièce de résistance: the Siberian iris/poppy/marigold combination. Some might find this tacky but I just think it's happy. Those people are not invited to my yard.



Here we have the overall veggie-garden effect, as seen from the deck. Pardon the hose - I give it a quick spritz every morning, at least until the rains come (tomorrow).
And here's a little miracle:
The squash that wouldn't start in my grow op under lights, are doing JUST FINE since I 'discarded' their 'empty pods' in this neglected seed tray. I'm going to leave this out and see what else decides to show it's face. Looks like those pods at the bottom of the shot have something going on as well. See? It PAYS not to clean up properly! Also in this photo: my epidemic of cilantro and borage. Sigh. What the hell do you do with borage? It's so messy.
I'll take more pics as the garden comes up. For right now, I am happy with the progress we're making. My tomatoes seem to have bounced back and gotten hardy and everything else's just trucking along. Now what to do with all these squash seedlings.....

No comments: