10/26/05

Drizzle in my bones

I think there has been one sunny day in the last 3 weeks.

Being that it's the latter half of October, and being that we live in Canada, a nation not known for it's moderate climate, it should not surprise me that the weather lately has just sucked eggs. But man, it's hard to handle.

When I get up in the morning (at 6:30 or, ahem, um 6:50) it's dark. So dark that I have to feel my way down the stairs in a room full of windows. By the time I get out of the shower, feed the cats, fiddle with the woodstove and shuffle upstairs to get dressed, the sky is indigo. Or more of a dark cornflower. Whatever, it's dark and it's cold.

Then we leave the house at about 7:50 and it's just gray. And it stays that way for the rest of the day: gray and drizzley and chilly. The leaves long ago turned brown and yellow and fell off, and now it's plain ugly outside.

Oh and did I mention that it's dark when we get home too? Oh we can usually make out the path, unless we stop somewhere to buy something and are a bit late, in which case we have to feel our way into the house.

Did I also mention that we live in the woods? There aren't any streetlights, and we have been remiss in putting in adequate lighting on our property. Trick-or-treaters must take their life in their hands walking the 100 feet into our yard. I know I know, it's irresponsible, but we're working on it.

The drizzle seems to have set into my bones and is making me sick. I can't shake this cold that I've had for upwards of 2 weeks. I am cold. I am grumpy. The drizzle is bad for my marriage.

I think it's going to be sunny tomorrow. I am sure that I'll enjoy it from my office window.
(sigh)

1 comment:

Amy Urquhart said...

Sunny skies here in Bowmanville MUST be heading your way. :)