7/16/07

What I Did With My Summer Vacation, by Gennyland

I was trying to come up with some clever caption for this photo, but was unable. I've been struck dumb by the sight of blue stain on rough-cut pine.


But it will aaaaalll be worth it in the end.

The weekend was spent listening to more good tunes at the Bluesfest (Metric, Edie Brickell, Kanye West), and staining. And putting up boards with the super-fun nail gun. I am thrilled with how it is starting to shape up, but dang, I am tired of staining. I have a kink in my neck and I dream of wet paint.


.... and my husband is dreaming of blackberries. Here's a terrible shot of one evening's harvest - two tubs full. And we got another giant tub full the next night, and the night before. It's tyranny! I swear to you, it is stressful. All of the good ones are hidden, and the bugs eat you alive. These tubs represent a whole lotta hard work.

And to cap it off, since I don't want to be all doom-and-gloom, here's a shot of my lilies. Back story: I got these as a bonus for ordering such-and-such amount of bulbs one year (I believe it was the wedding year) and they were supposed to be white. They were white for the first year, I don't remember last year, but this year they look like this:

Which suits me just fine.



No comments: