8/15/05

Warning: the Wedding Edition

OK so I promise that I won't go on and on and on about this, but the wedding was pretty great.

Despite my misgivings about decorations, planning, etc., despite my lack of sleep, despite all of the stress, and despite trying to wrangle humans that were not always the most cooperative, everything went so super-smoothly that looking back, it feels like a dream. Both of us had a lot of fun, both in the week leading up to the big event (when I met my in-laws for the first time and had some wonderful days and campfire evenings spent together) and at the party itself.

And for all of you who were waiting with baited breath (c'mon, humour me), here is a photo of the happy couple:

(sorry, I removed the photo)

Note the bouquet - I know you were all worried about it (ha ha), but it turned out beautifully.

(photo removed - by me)

I ended up having to buy the Casablanca lilies and the leather ferns, but everything else comes from either my garden or my neighbor's. I was really happy with the bouquet; I designed it myself!

My mom made the dresses (all hand-beaded, she's a pro) and did my hair (we bought freesias for that too), and she also made the table runners and stuff too. We all made desserts and had a dessert buffet, instead of the traditional wedding cake (who can pick just one?).

(this photo was also removed - but the cakes looked fabulous if I do say so myself)

I was very relieved once it was all over. I'd had about 3 hours of sleep and was pretty shaky until about 3 pm. Once I was suited up, I was pretty much fine, but man it was touch and go. Here's a fun one of me, ever the classy lady, enjoying my first beverage of the day.

(photo of me drinking a beer removed)

All in all, I've gotta say, I recommend marriage. Hubby and I are getting a huge kick out of calling each other husband and wife, and things feel really really smooth and healthy with us these days. All of that fighting leading up to the wedding really paid off, 'cause I think we got it all out of our systems.

I am going to blog further on the honeymoon, and on the state of my garden upon my return. Suffice to say, I have recovered from the shock, but man, a lot can happen in a week...

3 comments:

Nickie said...

Congratulations from another newlywed. That feeling of smotheness and the kick of calling each other husband and wife is totally awesome :)

Amy Urquhart said...

Congratulations! You made it through in one piece (I knew you would!). Can't wait to see all your photos and hear the rest.

Mrs. Wilson said...

Congrats on your big day. All the stuff leading up to it, is just that, stuff. Enjoy your new life together as "husband and wife". Your dress is absolutely beautiful. You look so regal in it. Your mom did an amazing job. Kudos to her.