8/26/05

World's First-Ever Pumpkin Injury?

Last night as I did my evening inventory of the veggie garden, I realized that my pride-and-joy pumpkin was sitting in the dirt. I don't really consider that a problem, except it's in a kind of sun-less dark place anyway, and I want the whole thing to go orange quickly because the frost could come any minute now. So I went and grabbed a handful of straw to raise the pumpkin up a couple of inches. I came back to my beautiful beast, and bent down to lift it up from the bottom so as not to break the stem. Well. Didn't I scrape my cheek against one of the climbing pumpkin vines. It's about an inch thick and covered in these scratchy hairs, like velcro, and I scraped myself pretty good on it. I have a patch of minute little scratches on my face and it's all red. I watched a movie last night and applied aloe vera to it every 10 minutes or so, so it doesn't hurt to badly but still, that's pretty dumb.

Am I the only putz out there who can injure herself on vegetables?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh.. don't you hate it when you get spammed like the one above? I need to find a way to stop that. Anyway, I found you on a "next blog" tour.

As to the veggie-related injury, I must say I've never tried!

The Math Ninja said...

That's no fun. Good thing it wasn't your eye or something.

Miss Cartier said...

Pumpkins have developed intelligence. They KNOW about Halloween, the carving and the seed-toasting... Watch your back!

Mz.Elle said...

LOL
Mmmm,pumpkins seeds now you have me craving those Miss Cartier!

Genny,you're not alone!Whenever I garden,I seem to find every hole,pit,rock,whatever,and am often tripping and falling flat on my face or arse!
It never fails,I'm becoming pretty famous for it;p

Nickie said...

Yikes LMAO. If it makes you feel anybetter the a few weeks ago I tripped over the toilet...how on earth do you do that??? and then I broke a toe doing laundry...